Lightweight Sprung-Hub Clutch Flywheel Kit - E36/E46/Z3
JB Racing is one of the best machine shops in the country, used by many professional race teams to do precision machining for engines and other driveline components. Their BMW flywheels are made with the same precision and quality that these teams (including the BimmerWorld World Challenge Touring Cars) rely on, unlike typical units on the market. Standard features include:
- CNC machined flywheel, zero-balanced to eliminate vibration
- Replaceable hardened steel clutch surface, bolted - not riveted on
- Heli-coil inserts for pressure plate don't strip when clutch is replaced
- Factory starter ring gear
- Hardened steel gaul plate keeps the flywheel bolts from damaging flywheel
- Flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts, and dowel pins included
This JB Racing lightweight flywheel accepts a variety of stock and performance clutch packages. Our design addresses several concerns common to both street and track driven cars:
- Sprung hub - By adding a sprung hub disc, chatter and noise gained by adding a lightweight flywheel is greatly reduced or eliminated.
- Sachs OEM Spec - smooth OEM feel, M3 spec clamp load (Additional options available on request, including Clutch Masters configurations to suit various needs)
Kit includes JB Racing aluminum lightweight flywheel, sachs clutch disc and pressure plate, and throw-out bearing. A pilot bearing, see related items, is never a bad idea. Fits all 6 cylinder E36 (323i, 325i, 328i, M3), E46 323i/325i/328i/330i 99-02, 97-99 Z3 2.8, and MZ3 98-02.
A clutch alignment tool is not included. Please see related items below for the correct tool.
INSTALL NOTE: Install all discs with springs facing flywheel. Do not install this clutch disc as indicated on the disc itself, see the included instructions for clarification!